This year, January 14th to be exact, PH SPOT celebrates 5 years. It’s unbelievable that 5 years have gone by already. Sujani created PH SPOT in 2017 after seeing a gap online for a career development resource dedicated specifically for public health professionals. Since graduating from her public health degree, Sujani spent countless hours between 2013 – 2016 guiding public health students and new grads one-on-one with their careers. As this was not a scalable solution, nor a sustainable one she decided to create PH SPOT to reach, inspire and support a larger number of public health professionals. The platform also ensured that a more diverse set of experiences and advice was being shared. On today’s episode Sujani tells you about the different programs and products PH SPOT has built over the years, and on a more exciting note, introduces the new mini series on the podcast that will run throughout January and a bit into February, called NewYear. New You. New Job?, as well as a Career Workshop!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Three pillars that PH SPOT’s products and programs are focused on: studying public health, getting hired in public health, upskilling for a competitive edge (mainly focused on health communications)
- The types of content found on the Blog and the Podcast, the downloadable tools and resources available for each of the three pillars, and the virtual programming (courses and workshops offered)
- And update on the podcast and how we will have a weekly release in 2022
- The new mini series in January focused on getting you hired in public health. Topics of discussion will include informational Interviews, setting yourself up with LinkedIn for job success, and resumes/CVs.
- One of the most exciting launches of 2022: Jumpstart your public health career – Career Workshop.
Featured on the Show:
- The PH SPOT Career Blog
- The Public Health SPOTlight Podcast
- PH SPOT Resource Page
- Infographics 101 Self-Paced Course and Live Workshop (request a quote)
- Beginner’s only: Build a public health website course
- Jumpstart your public health career, Workshop – join the waitlist for the next cohort.