In this episode, Sujani sits down with Bhargav Krishna to discuss his experiences pursuing higher education all around the world. Bhargav gives tips on choosing between programs, considerations that need to be made when choosing programs, and shares his experience with Harvard’s Doctor of Public Health (DrPH) program.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why Bhargav decided to pursue a DrPH and how he decided on a DrPH over a PhD
- What made Bhargav choose to pursue Harvard’s DrPH program
- Tips on choosing the right DrPH program
- A brief summary of what you might expect from Harvard’s DrPH program
- Bhargav’s biggest learnings from the DrPH program and how he has changed as a professional since
- How Bhargav is using skills from the DrPH in his current work
- The diverse career paths that other graduates from the program are on
- Advice for anyone considering pursuing a DrPH
Bhargav Krishna is a Fellow at the Centre for Policy Research. His research interests span areas of health policy, environmental policy, and environmental epidemiology, with a focus on the impact of air quality and climate change on health. Previously, Bhargav set up and managed the Centre for Environmental Health at the Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI), where he led work on air quality, climate, and health. In this capacity, he served on Union and State government expert committees on air pollution, biomedical waste, and critically polluted areas. He has also carried out work on health systems and sustainable development across several states. Bhargav holds a Doctorate in Public Health (DrPH) from the Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health, a Master’s degree in Global Environmental Change from Kings College London and an undergraduate degree from Anna University, Chennai. He is Adjunct Faculty at PHFI and Visiting Faculty at Azim Premji University where he teaches environmental health and health policy respectively. He is also co-founder of Care for Air, a Delhi-based non-profit working to raise awareness of air pollution among school children.
Featured on the Show:
- Bhargav Krishna’s LinkedIn
- Learn more about Harvard’s DrPH program
- An alumni spotlight article on Bhargav
- Share ideas for the podcast: Fill out this form
- Never heard of a podcast before? Read this guide we put together to help you get set up.
- Be notified when new episodes come out, and receive hand-picked public health opportunities every week by joining the PH SPOT community.
- Contribute to the public health career blog: www.phspot.ca/contribute
- Upcoming course on infographics: phspot.ca/infographics
- Learn more about the PH Spot 6-week training program
- Support the show