In this episode, Sujani sits down with Maudra Brown, the founder and CEO of MRB Public Health Consulting. They discuss Maudra’s various work experiences in public health, her transition from working in government to creating her own consulting firm, and how taking risks and believing in her passions has led to Maudra finding success in entrepreneurship.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How Maudra found her way to the public health field
- A brief overview of the public health and tropical medicine program at Tulane University
- Tips on how to find your niche in public health and the importance of trying new and unique experiences
- Maudra’s experience leading a new public health program right out of graduation
- Why Maudra moved from her directorial role in government to creating her own consulting firm
- How Maudra’s passion for caring for children and communities of her interest led to pursuing entrepreneurship
- How Maudra has found success with her company and creating sustainable partnerships
- How exploring non-traditional partnerships has helped communities and clients that Maudra has worked with
- What a day in the life of a chief health strategist looks like
- Advice for students and early professionals and why believing in yourself is at the core of building a fulfilling career
Combining over a decade of public health expertise with lived experiences internationally and domestically, Maudra champions public health in innovative ways, focusing on non-traditional partnerships and incorporating best practices with independent thought leadership.
Maudra holds a Bachelor of Science in Health and Human Performance from The College of Charleston, in Charleston, South Carolina and a Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine in International Health and Sustainable Development from Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana. She is certified and credentialed in both health systems and public health arenas, a unique and specialized expertise that not many in this industry have.
As MRB’s Chief Health Strategist, Maudra helps communities effectively integrate and practically navigate public health.