In this episode, Sujani sits down with Sue Griffey of SueMentors. They go on a journey through the four acts of Sue’s life and discuss her relationship with public health, mentorship, and ways in which you can take control of your career.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How Sue’s nursing career and global work led to her public health career
- Sue’s experience working in various fields of public health and how the perception of “job hopping” is changing
- Tips on taking control of your professional development
- The different types of mentorship and what is most appropriate in each situation
- The value of finding support and relying on your peers as informal mentors
- Four actionable steps to pulling together your career threads
Sue Griffey, DrPH, BSN, has been SueMentors for more than a decade, giving professionals the HOW to get to their next career path step. She focuses on building and using professional presence and professional branding. Sue has a global mentoring practice for all levels of professionals in transition. Her hallmark is using real-world examples to demonstrate her practical advice for professional presence. Sue has mentored for 10 different global public health and other programs. She has worked with more than 600 mentees individually and directly influenced more than 2000 through her short courses, guides, materials, webinars, and workshops. She had a 3+-decade of career leading global health and program evaluation research, working and living globally.