In this episode, Sujani sits down with Dr. Asad Naveed to talk about his work with the Ebola outbreak in Sierra Leone, using social media as a platform for health education and mentorship, and providing guidance for those getting started in public health research.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Asad’s on the ground work with management and prevention of Ebola in Sierra Leone and how he first became involved in community health
- How Asad’s field work led to a career in research and what his goals were when returning to school
- Perspective and making changes in global health systems
- Social media and the responsibilities that public facing figures and users have
- Tips on getting started and climbing up for those interested in public health research and social entrepreneurship