In this episode, Sujani shares 5 reminders for anyone applying for jobs, especially during this period of economic uncertainty.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- The five reminders when applying to jobs:
- Network. Start today. Having a community around you on this journey will be key.
- Keep an eye on industry trends. Be informed on changes and developments in the public health field.
- Be flexible. Consider all types of experience (part-time and contract work), work on expanding your skillset, and think outside of the box when searching for jobs.
- Don’t be afraid to negotiate. When you do receive a job offer, have a conversation about a higher salary or other benefits. This is where your community can help you.
- Stay positive. Reignite the passion and excitement that got you into public health.
- Economic uncertainty, or not, job searching is tough. Use these reminders to keep you going.
Sujani Sivanantharajah is the founder and CEO of PH SPOT. She is a public health professional/Epidemiologist and entrepreneur. She has a Master of Public Health degree from the University of Saskatchewan and an Honours Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Toronto. Sujani’s passion lies in building relationships and using these relationships to create and cultivate spaces where more meaningful partnerships that serve communities are formed.