In this episode, Sujani sits down with Thiv Paramsothy, an entrepreneur and founder of several companies including his newest startup, Hera Fertility. They talk about innovation in healthcare, Thiv’s experiences with creating his startups, and offer advice for public health professionals with ideas for change and an interest in entrepreneurship.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How Thiv found his way into public health
- Where Thiv’s love for technology first started
- Thiv’s experience with promoting the adoption of electronic medical records in Ontario
- What challenges arise with implementing new changes in healthcare
- What opportunities in E-health are available for public health professionals and how sometimes, we have to create our own spaces
- Advice for public health professionals with big ideas for change and an interest in entrepreneurship
- How a solid team and support network is essential in creating new products and services
- What Adracare is and what motivated Thiv to form the company
- A quick peek into Thiv’s newest startup, Hera Fertility
Hi 👋🏾 I’m Thiv. I love working with or founding startups to make real change happen in healthcare. My life’s mission is to help patients, and providers get the care they need from the health system. The last startup (cofounded) was a telehealth practice management software (Adracare) that was sold to WELL Health Technologies. I’m on to my next startup – Hera Fertility – to revolutionize fertility financing. UWaterloo Alumni. When I’m not working, doing something with basketball or trying to be funny.