Sujani sits down with Daniel Faber to talk about his public health journey. Dr. Daniel Faber started his professional career as a dentist where he developed as a clinician and entrepreneur. He started his dental practice from scratch, where he learned skills in business, marketing, branding and a focus on effective patient communication which has helped scale into other types of ventures. And 10 years into his practice, he felt this desire to do more, and that’s when he pivoted into public health pursuing a Master’s degree in Public Health at Yale University. Daniel speaks about the journey he’s taken, from dentistry to public health, and his passion for entrepreneurship.
- How Daniel became interested in dentistry, and the entrepreneurial spark he has always had
- About being a dentist, and what that role entailed: an individualistic profession that allows you to build relationships with patients
- What pushed Daniel to explore public health, including the frustrations of not being able to prevent disease/problems; how his pivot into public health came from a desire to evolve his career
- The decision to pursue a Master of Public Health degree, and how it felt like a natural evolution for his career
- Why he chose to pursue a Master of Public Health (MPH) at Yale University and a bit about the MPH program there
- With his global health concentration, dentistry background and entrepreneurial interest where he hopes to go with this career
- His passion and interest in entrepreneurship, including a discussion on social entrepreneurship and entrepreneurship
- Using technology to improve access to care to underserved populations
- About his dream job: to create something
Dr. Daniel Faber
Dr. Daniel Faber started his professional career as a dentist where he developed as a clinician and as an entrepreneur. Starting a practice from scratch, he learned skills in business, marketing, branding and a focus on effective patient communication which has helped scale into other types of ventures. Dan has pivoted into public health pursuing a Master in Public Health at Yale University where he aspires to apply his previous experience to confront issues such as obesity, hunger, nutrition, healthier food availability, access to care, etc to help craft upstream, impactful, creative solutions. He’s passionate about innovation and creative collaboration to effect meaningful change.
- Yale School of Public Health
- Social Entrepreneurship – Teresa Chahine
- More PH SPOT content on entrepreneurship:
- Infographics 101: How to design public health infographics with software you know and use.
Other PH SPOT resources:
- Share ideas for the podcast: Fill out this form
- Never heard of a podcast before? Read this guide we put together to help you get set up.
- Be notified when new episodes come out, and receive hand-picked public health opportunities every week by joining the PH SPOT community.
- Contribute to the public health career blog: www.phspot.org/contribute